Monday, March 11, 2013

While at the grocery store today, I realized I wasn't making the most of my trip body-wise. My mind started turning on ideas to incorporate exercise in this also. I have heard of people doing this before, but some of the ideas I have heard and seen documented on television have looked laughably absurd. While chit chatting with a friend in the icecream aisle, I began to do calf-raises which only looked like a little nervous habit of sorts all the while with hands in my pullover pouch. I then began to really concentrate on tightening my core as hard as possible which is completely unnoticable unless your face gives way to the strain of course. I made sure to walk briskly when ever possible and thought if I had had to buy milk, I would have carried it with one arm then switch instead of putting it in the buggy(as long as the buggy was light enough to steer with one hand). When I reached up to grab things, I did a calf raise with one foot and lifted my other leg up and back while squeezing my gluttes and thighs and it just looked like a cute, graceful way of reaching up(III think anyway). And when my feet started hurting, I did some knee raises which merely looked like I was lightening the load off my feet and stretching a bit(which was exactly what it was at first!). I will be creating new ideas for this excursion and more- just exercise anywhere ideas (without looking like a total workout dork). Also I am working on creating some very effective- "I've got ten minutes" workouts to vastly our mood, energy, and maximum calorie blasting short AND long-term. Visit me again soon!

2 comments:

  1. About to go to the store, plan on trying some of your cool moves! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it went great! :-D Let me know!

    ReplyDelete